Deleting an account suffix
I have a checking account and savings account but each have different suffixes. The checking account was accidentally changed to have the same suffix as the savings account. When trying to connect for downloads the checking account is now linked to the savings account. I can't seem to get the checking account linked to the checking account download selection. How can I reset the account number or suffix now that ithaca been set to savings?
Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.
To clarify, two of your accounts with Ithaca have been incorrectly linked?
If so, I suggest deactivating all of the accounts that are with this Financial Institution, then reactivating them. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
- Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
- Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
- Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
- Click on the Downloads tab
- Click Disconnect Account (if there is more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
- Navigate to Accounts > Add Account...
- Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution, then click Continue
- Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
- If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
Let us know how it goes!-Quicken Jasmine0