Bank of America reauthorization does not work.
I was already using Web Connect+ with Bank of America and it was working fine. Tonight I am asked to reauthorize again for some reason. I login to my Bank of America account, allow data sharing. Those steps work but Quicken does not recognize that I have shared my data and times out without connecting to Bank of America. What's even worse is that after all this Quicken hangs, becomes unresponsive and I have force killing the application.
Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue. I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you having the same issue on both the Bank of America-All Other States and the Bank of America-Quicken connections? If you haven't done so already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please backup your Quicken file, then follow the instructions below:
- Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
- If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
- Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
- Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
- When finished, close the Account List
- Close, then re-open Quicken
- Navigate to Tools > Add Account
- Go through this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
- Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.
Thank you Quicken Kristina. My Bank of America connections are working again. I deactivated my accounts as suggested. Exited and reentered into Quicken. Then when I started to walk through the account set up process and Quicken asked me to pick the institution so I picked Bank of America and walked through the reauthorization process as before only this time with no issues and then I did the account association steps per your instructions. So all is working.
A couple of comments that may be useful to others: I made MS Edge my default browser just for the reauthorization step. I usually use Firefox. I don't know if using Edge instead of Firefox helped but that's what I did. Previous to the issue the connection was using Bank of America-Quicken and now it is using Bank of America-All Other States. This was automatically performed, I had no say in it.0
Thank you for your reply,
I'm glad to hear your Bank of America connections are working again.