Transaction download question/problems

Options
JHMosow
JHMosow Member

I am trying to update my US Bank accounts and need to reauthorize the accounts. I have done it a few times but Quicken does not seem to recognize the reauthorization. How do I fix that?

Also, one of my other accounts seems to be attached to US Bank but it is at a different bank. How can I get the account pointed back to the correct bank?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @JHMosow,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you say Quicken does not recognize the reauthorization, do you mean it is still prompting you to reauthorize your accounts whenever you try to run One Step Update?

For the account that is incorrectly linked to US Bank, first, backup your Quicken file. Then deactivate that account. Once it is deactivated, go to Tools>Add Account, search for the financial institution it should be connected to, and follow the prompts to link it back up. When you are on the Add/Link screen, make certain that it is showing the Action as Link to Existing and that it is seeing the correct Nickname in Quicken for that account to link to (see sample image below).

Note: If the incorrect connection resulted in a mess of intermixed transactions that would be very time consuming to separate/clean up, then it may be simpler to restore a backup from before the issue started and go through the reauthorization again, being careful to ensure everything is linking up correctly.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.