Is anybody having a problem downloading transactions from Bank of America?

Options

I've never had a problem and I've been downloading transactions from mu checking account for many years (over a decade). I'm receiving an error: OL-221-A.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Have you followed the troubleshooting steps in this article? You would want to verify that your computer is showing the correct date/time for your timezone. If your system settings are correct, then its possibly an issue with the file from the financial institution. Have you tried downloading a file with a slightly different timeframe to see if the issue repeats?

If trying a file with a different date range doesn't work, the next step would be to backup your Quicken file, deactivate the account that is throwing the error, and then try importing the file again. You should get a prompt asking if you want to add as new or link to an existing account. Try adding as new and see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jimbo in SC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you getting this error message when trying to import a .QFX file from Bank of America into your Quicken? If not, could you please tell me what process you are using that is resulting in this error?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jimbo in SC
    Jimbo in SC Member
    Options

Yes, I am trying to import a .QFX file from Bank of America into my Quicken. I have done this successfully for many years. This error is new to me.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you followed the troubleshooting steps in this article? You would want to verify that your computer is showing the correct date/time for your timezone. If your system settings are correct, then its possibly an issue with the file from the financial institution. Have you tried downloading a file with a slightly different timeframe to see if the issue repeats?

If trying a file with a different date range doesn't work, the next step would be to backup your Quicken file, deactivate the account that is throwing the error, and then try importing the file again. You should get a prompt asking if you want to add as new or link to an existing account. Try adding as new and see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jimbo in SC
    Jimbo in SC Member
    Options

You got it! I tried downloading the file with a specific timeframe (instead of "Current Transactions") to see if the issue repeats, and the error did not repeat. The download was successful. GREAT, THANKS for your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I'm glad to hear it downloaded successfully.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.