Converting data from QMac 2007 fails - missing .QDFM filename extension (edit)

Options
GordonStrong
GordonStrong Member ✭✭

This scenario is supposed to be supported but I haven't been able to get it to work. My old Mac is a mid-2010 MBP with QfM 2007 16.2.4 on MacOS 10.12.6. I've been using quicken since 1994. I recall adding some patch to get this version to work with MacOS Lion.

Anyhow, I have quicken deluxe 7.0.4 on a 2021 MBP M1 Pro running MacOS 13.4. I copied my data file from the old machine to the new one, and went through the import process ('start from a quicken for mac 2007 file'). Fails, saying the resource fork is missing. OK, I try exporting from QfM 2007 to a QIF file, copy, import ('start from a QIF file exported from another application'). Fails, saying the text encoding can't be determined.

Anyone have a process that works? I've read all the quicken online help files about converting and importing, but none help. I tried tech support chat, and wasn't helped.

I'm guessing the QfM 2007 file is still in some legacy compatibility format, but I don't know how to get it into the right format for QD7 to recognize. Failing that, I don't know how to export the data into a format that can be recognized. This is nearly 30 years of data, so 'just start over' isn't a good answer.

Best Answer

Answers

This discussion has been closed.