How do I set multiple user accounts at the same banking institution?

KC Noel12
KC Noel12 Quicken Mac Subscription Member

When I go to set up an additional account in Quicken (my wife and I both have separate accounts at the same financial institution) I keep getting redirected to the account that has already been set up. There is no option to set up a different user ID for that baking institution, i.e. Capital One

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @KC Noel12,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. From what you are describing, it sounds like when you do the authorization for one User ID, then try to set up the other, the website is still seeing you logged in under the first User ID. This is something that can happen with Capital One. There are a few ways to get past that roadblock.

1. After setting up the account(s) under the first User ID, pull up a web browser, log into Capital One's website, then log out again. That should end the session so that you can set up the next User ID. Note, if it is set to automatically log you in, you may need to temporarily turn that feature off.
    2. For security purposes, most financial institutions will automatically terminate the session after a set amount of time. So waiting may be a viable solution (eg set up the account(s) under one User ID in the morning and set up the other User ID in the afternoon).
    3. Temporarily changing the default browser on your computer, then setting up that other User ID should work also since most financial institutions will see a different browser as a new session and require you to sign in.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓

Hello @KC Noel12,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. From what you are describing, it sounds like when you do the authorization for one User ID, then try to set up the other, the website is still seeing you logged in under the first User ID. This is something that can happen with Capital One. There are a few ways to get past that roadblock.

1. After setting up the account(s) under the first User ID, pull up a web browser, log into Capital One's website, then log out again. That should end the session so that you can set up the next User ID. Note, if it is set to automatically log you in, you may need to temporarily turn that feature off.
    2. For security purposes, most financial institutions will automatically terminate the session after a set amount of time. So waiting may be a viable solution (eg set up the account(s) under one User ID in the morning and set up the other User ID in the afternoon).
    3. Temporarily changing the default browser on your computer, then setting up that other User ID should work also since most financial institutions will see a different browser as a new session and require you to sign in.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• KC Noel12
    KC Noel12 Quicken Mac Subscription Member

Hi Kristina,

Thank you! Setting a different browser as the default browser did the trick. :) 😁

Chris

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your response,

I'm glad to hear you were able to get both User IDs connected to your Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.