One Step Update Hanging

Options

For about a week now I've had a couple of issues with Quicken.

Issue #1 - One Step Update

It gets through five of seven institutions, and then hangs. It notes it's processing date from BofA and American Express, as well as updating data under Online Services, but it just sits there. The only course I can take at that point is to use Task Manager to end Quicken.

Since it consistently hangs at these two institutions, I tried resetting the accounts by going to Account Details/Online Services and clicking the Reset Account. It too hangs. Both institutions are using Express Web Connect +.

Issue #2 - USAA Setup

I received the message USAA was moving to a new method of sharing data. I've secured the updated access ID and password from USAA. When I go to Account Details/Online Services and click "Set Up Now," I'm taken to the screen that notes USAA needs to authorize my account. I click the sign in button and its hangs. I get the swirl of death and the only way to get out is to use Task Manager.

All these issues seem to be related to online services.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Slider_14,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. How long are you waiting before using the Task Manager to close Quicken? You said that it hangs when you click the reset button also. What happens when you click that button? Does any pop up box or any browser window come up? If not, then what are you seeing? At what point is it getting stuck?

When trying to authorize your USAA accounts, have you tried backing up your file, then going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts? Do you have any VPN, firewall, antivirus, and/or pop up blockers active? If so, try pausing the program(s) and see if you're able to successfully authorize your USAA accounts.

One thing that can cause hanging/freezing when using One Step Update is if your file is synced with a cloud service (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location). 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.