Account stopped working online

Options

I have an account at Fidelity that has been working fine for a long time downloading transactions. Then at some point in the last few weeks it stopped downloading transactions. When I go to the edit screen, there is no longer an online tab. I try adding a new account at Fidelity and this one does not show as an account, but I can see it at Fidelity. I do see an account I do not recognize, but do not have the option to add it. My account is named Holding Account and I see it is finding one at Fidelity named Holding Stock. But I do not have an account named that at Fidelity. Any ideas on what to check next?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jeffrub27,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Does the account that is not giving you an Online Services tab think it is closed (red no entry symbol by the account name)? Does the account still show as connected? To check this, go to Tools>Account List and look in the Transaction Download column. If the word "yes" is next to that account, then it thinks its connected.

You mentioned that you see an account you do not recognize, but have no option to add it. Does it say "Don't add to Quicken" in the action column next to that account? If so, then its not giving you an option to add because it thinks its already connected, and the Nickname in Quicken it shows would be the nickname it shows the account connected to in Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @jeffrub27

For the account at Fidelity (or the "accounts" - because it is hard to determine whether you have one or two now) please go to "Edit Acccount Details" and then - in the "General" tab, please tell us what you see after "Account type:" for each Fidelity account. Also - are there 2 or 3 tabs showing in this screen - i.e. a "General" tab; an "Online Services" tab; a "Display Options" tab?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jeffrub27
    jeffrub27 Member
    Options

Hi Christina, Frankx,

I ended up going back a few backups and the problem was not there so I restored that one and am using it now. I am not sure what happened. My file is quite old, I started in 2007 and I have little things like this that just start happening. I have so many accounts that sometimes it takes me a few weeks to notice. I found a backup from a few weeks ago that had the proper acccounts.

I think it has to do with brokerage accounts where you tell it to have a separate cash account. These seem to lose the cash account part and also seem to randomly stop downloading transactions. I still hae one account that I cannot get rid of that red flag. I've tried everything I can find on the internet, but nothint seems to work so I have just left it like it is.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear you were able to get it working again by restoring a backup. That may indicate there were inconsistencies in the original file that were preventing it from working properly.

If you are wanting to look more into the issue with Quicken claiming there are transactions to accept when there aren't any showing in the account, I would recommend using this article, if you haven't done so already.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.