Scheduled transaction didn't match

Options
MichaelCortese
MichaelCortese Member ✭✭✭

A transaction that I've had scheduled for a long time and always matched before after downloading from my checking account didn't this time. On top of that, when I chose to manually match it didn't show the transaction. The amount and payee are the same and the date is 2 days apart. Why is this happening now? Why doesn't it show the existing transaction to manually match? Something changed and it wasn't with my transactions.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @MichaelCortese,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is the transaction that is refusing to match already in your account register? Do you have automatic entry turned off and the transaction not yet accepted (in the Downloaded Transactions section)? If it is in the Downloaded Transactions section, it may be seeing an incorrect match. If that is the case, this article may help.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MichaelCortese
    MichaelCortese Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I figured it out. The register entry was a bill reminder and not an actual transaction. Why that changed after many months I don't know. Quicken breaks things with every update. In 25 years of using Quicken I've never had a reminder that I didn't have entered as a transaction.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is/was the Due Date on the Reminder?
    And when the transaction downloaded from the bank, what was the transaction date?
    Quicken may not be able to automatically match a downloaded transaction to a scheduled reminder when the download comes in early.

I would suggest recording reminders into the register a couple of days before their actual due date.
    The process of matching of downloaded transaction to an already existing register transaction seems to work better than the process of matching download to a scheduled reminder, to create a new register entry.

This discussion has been closed.