Trouble Adding Chase Account

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Adding new Chase Credit Card.

Comments

• goldrun
    goldrun Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am experiencing the same issue. Quicken, will you please respond.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @goldrun,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Would you please provide more information about what is happening? Are you getting any error messages? Is this happening when trying to add a new account or reconnect an account that you previous had connected in your Quicken? When did the issue start? Is this affecting all your Chase accounts? Is it affecting any accounts with other financial institutions?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• goldrun
    goldrun Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Kristina. I have a number of Chase credit card accounts in Quicken. I am trying to add my new card account. The setup takes me to the Chase site and shows all of the cards including the new one but when I go through the process of approving all cards for Quicken downloads it shows all accounts except the new one. The new one is accessible on the Chase site and shows that it has been approved for download to Quicken.
  • MAP
    MAP Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue with adding a Chase credit card account. I have had 4 Chase credit cards for some time that were linked and worked fine. Recently try to add an additional new credit card from Chase. Like the users noted, it shows in Chase as verified and linked and sharing data but it will not show up in Quicken. Am not able to add it to Quicken.

I also tried deactivating one of the existing linked Chase credit cards that had been working fine in Quicken but when trying to reactivate it in Quicken, it is no longer showing up when accessing Chase to allow me to add it or link it and reactivate it.

All the above credit card accounts are showing properly on the Chase online banking website, and are showing as authorized to share with Quicken but they will not add to online updates in Quicken.

Thank you.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

During the Chase online website - authorization -
    did you notice the [x] checkmark suggested entry for any "New Accounts" ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MAP
    MAP Member ✭✭
    Options

yes. The add new accounts automatically was checked. Also that would not explain why I was not able to set up the existing and previously included other credit card after deleting and trying to reactivate.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @goldrun and @MAP,

With the new accounts that aren't showing up in Quicken, how new are they? You mentioned the existing account you tried deactivating and reactivating as a test is no longer showing up when accessing Chase. To clarify, are you saying its not showing up on the Chase website when you are going through the authorization process, or do you mean its not showing up on the Add/Link screen in Quicken after you successfully completed the authorization?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• goldrun
    goldrun Member ✭✭
    Options
    My new account is about 10 days old. All accounts show on Chase site as being linked to Quicken. This includes the new account. But Quicken shows only the older accounts.
  • MAP
    MAP Member ✭✭
    Options
    This evening, for whatever reason, when using Quicken, all of my Chase credit card accounts that had been showing at Chase are now also showing and updating properly in Quicken through the One Step Update process. Not sure what was changed today. From my side, I did restart my computer. Other than that, not sure if any patch or fix was made at Chase or Quicken but all seems to be working fine now. Thanks.
  • AmyFrances
    AmyFrances Member
    Options

I am also having difficulty with my new chase card. The Chase site says it's been authorized/verified but it's neitherr appearing in my Quicken account list nor downloading to my Quicken. All other Chase cards are working fine. The new card has been in use for a month. I don't see that a solution has been provided yet in this thread. Thank you.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @goldrun and thank you for joining the discussion @AmyFrances,

I'm sorry to hear you are still having trouble adding your Chase accounts. To troubleshoot this issue, first please backup your Quicken file. Then, deactivate all your Chase accounts and reconnect them. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

If the issue persists, please let me know.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• debbie50
    debbie50 Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue, can someone let me know if this worked?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @debbie50,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Would you please provide more information about the issue you are encountering? Is this a new credit card you're having trouble adding, or a different type of account? Is everything under one user ID with Chase, or do you have multiple user IDs? When did the issue first start? Is it happening only with Chase?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• goldrun
    goldrun Member ✭✭
    Options
    All I see from Quicken Support are requests for additional information from many users who are having the same issues. Will you please explain what is happening and what/when you expect to fix this?
    Thanks, Larry
This discussion has been closed.