American Express "Transitioning accounts to a new connection method" - keeps flagging

Options
RGB2022
RGB2022 Member

Quicken for Mac; above caution each and every time I update my accounts. Having to "Update Connection" EVERY time I update my accounts. Once you've done this once, why doesn't Quicken accept the one time update?

Thanks

Best Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @RGB2022,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Usually, when you are getting prompted every time, it means Quicken is still seeing an account connected by one of the old connection methods. When that reauthorization prompt comes up, it will show you the names of the accounts that it thinks still need to be reauthorized.

Are the accounts it shows needing reauthorization accounts that are active, or is it seeing inactive/closed accounts? If it is seeing inactive/closed accounts, then I would recommend that you back up your Quicken file and disconnect those accounts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RGB2022
    RGB2022 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

That was it! An older and dormant AMEX account was the culprit. Once I removed that account all was well. Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @RGB2022,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Usually, when you are getting prompted every time, it means Quicken is still seeing an account connected by one of the old connection methods. When that reauthorization prompt comes up, it will show you the names of the accounts that it thinks still need to be reauthorized.

Are the accounts it shows needing reauthorization accounts that are active, or is it seeing inactive/closed accounts? If it is seeing inactive/closed accounts, then I would recommend that you back up your Quicken file and disconnect those accounts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• RGB2022
    RGB2022 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

That was it! An older and dormant AMEX account was the culprit. Once I removed that account all was well. Thanks for your help!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear the issue is now resolved.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.