Windows 11 - emc.dll not found

Options
Amork
Amork Member ✭✭
Windows 11 home stops part of Quicken from loading due to emc.dll publisher not found. Cannot find any updates for Windows 11 or Quicken to correct the problem.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Amork
    Amork Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks but problem is solved as date on emc.dll was updated and reinstall corrected the problem.
  • Amork
    Amork Member ✭✭
    Options

EMC.DLL problem is still present and I believe it may be related to Windows 11 security. EMC not signed properly, qw bad image, backup not working, error o0Xe0e90002 etc. uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of time with no improvement.

Reported to support again.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) for this information.

• Amork
    Amork Member ✭✭
    Options

Home and Business Canadian Windows 11 uptodate Quicken. EMC.DLL error that it is not signed properly and is caught by SmartControl App of Windows Security. This causes several problems. I have 2 new PC's with Windows 11 and I turned off Smart App on 1 to prove that this is the problem and Quicken works fine without Smart App. I have reported my findings.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.