Graph randomly re-appear in Portfolio, even if closed before (Q Mac)

Options
Gilles9
Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
edited July 2023 in Investing (Mac)

In any of my portfolio, sometimes a weekly graph is opened, I never use graph, this was a problem that was supposed to be fixed
Even if I close all graph in Portfolio view in all brokerage sccounts, they reappear randomly

anyone else seeing this (again) ?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Gilles9,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, you set your investment accounts to have the graph hidden in portfolio view, but sometimes the graph is visible? When did this issue first start? Have you noticed anything that always or frequently triggers the behavior? Do you keep your file on your hard drive, or is it on a shared network drive? Is it synchronized with any cloud service, such as iCloud or Dropbox? The simplest way to check your file location, if Quicken is open, is to go to File>Show "File Name" in Finder. It will bring up a Finder window with the file highlighted. You can hold the Option key to see the file path.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Gilles9
    Options

My datafile is on my HD, not on any cloud services

I have explaines in a problem report how this is triggered, I think, and on another post I made ( cannot find it, but it was acknowledge by a Quicken rep

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The description in the problem report you submitted is identical to what you put in your original post here. Also, I can see you are a Beta user; were you intending to put this post in the Beta section of the forum?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Gilles9
    Options

Well 7.1 is released now, so I posted here

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend restoring a backup from before the issue started and checking to see if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Gilles9
    Options

That comes back too long ago as the prvious version of QM 7.0.4 or even 7.0.3 had that problem

I cannot restore anything from that far back

• Gilles9
    edited June 2023
    Options

Could it be that graphs reappear in Brokerage accounts under Portfolio when Markets are closed

as this morning at 08:00AM (eastern time) all brokerage accounts had graph showing ( one week period)

I have many brokerage accounts, and 4 have no securities and no cah in them and still it shows the graph ( line at $0.00)

I am still looking for a pattern for when it happens

and this late afternoon 05:00PM graph 1W are showing for all accounts, I haven't seen this during trading hours

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. I can see that you already sent a problem report on 2 Jun, but it would help the investigation if you would send a sanitized data file also. If you are willing to do that, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and a sanitized copy of your data file.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.