Chase Accounts not Reconciling

Options

After a recent upgrade Chase accounts no longer reconcile due to pending transaction being included in the reconciliation process. This is a frequently problem that I am sure Quicken is aware of because it has been a bug in previous releases that eventually get patched in an upgrade. Chase and Quicken historically don't play well together.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dgambrell,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket # 10265798)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jeff31572
    Jeff31572 Member
    edited March 12
    Options

[Removed - Speculation/Rant]

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue. Last year this problem persisted for months and months, only to be partially rectified in the Aug-Sep timeframe. When I say partial, it worked on business days but not on non-business days. In the last couple of weeks this broke completely AGAIN. I don't think you guys ever fixed this properly in the first place! I already reported this problem directly through my Quicken Mac desktop app and I am waiting to hear back. No error messages. And to reiterate, it is trying to reconciling against the available balance, which is WRONG. It should be the cleared balance. I proved this because I manually dropped in the cleared balance and the rec worked. This is not how a supposedly top notch package should work.
  • HammockDave
    HammockDave Member
    Options

I thought this was fixed… then after yet another update it's back to this weird behavior. For the amount paid for this service, I'd expect at least an ETA. I'm a software engineer and though my realm might be different than the people who code for Quicken, the foundation is still there. This should have been resolved a long time ago.

• mdwesley
    mdwesley Member
    Options

ETA should be given. Are we talking days, weeks, months?

• John Winter
    John Winter Member
    Options

Same issue with Bank of Americal checking. The "online balance reflects "pending transactions" but Quicken doesn't consider them in the reconciled balance.

You can go in and manually clear the pending transactions so your own reconciled transaction balance matches the bank's online balance. Not only is this extra step a PITA, but it falls apart when the amount of the pending transaction changes, (eg restaurant tip on a debit card".), or isn't actually present at all.

's

• gilieberman
    gilieberman Member ✭✭
    Options

Remember Quicken told us replacing Direct Connect with EWC+ was an improvement. I hope Qicken fixed these improvements soon. I've been using Quicken since it first came out, but now I'm thinking of checking out another product.

This discussion has been closed.