PNC Accounts Mis-aligned in Quicken

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: has anyone been struggling with bank connectivity again recently?.

Comments

• bw2
    bw2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My accounts at PNC are mis-aligned in Quicken. I disabled online services and reset many times without success. Linking to existing account function in Quicken limits your choices (correct options are Grayed out or the correct account selection is missing from the drop-down list. As I look across all the issues with all the banks -- I have to point the finger at Quicken. I transitioned from PNC Bank as a result of this.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bw2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you say the correct options are grayed out or missing, could you go into more detail? Usually, if its not giving you the option to link to a nickname in Quicken, its because that nickname is already connected to an account. If its not giving you the option to connect the account to any nickname in Quicken (showing Don't add to Quicken in the action column), that means it already thinks the account is connected and the nickname it shows is the one Quicken sees the account connected to (see sample image below).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bw2
    bw2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    You describe it accurately, except the Quicken nick-named accounts, e.g. PNC Checking, is defaulting to what PNC calls Savings or Money Market and you cannot alter it in Quicken. It seems to me that if you open up the pick list to enable the user to connect the correct Quicken Nickname with the specific PNC account, the problem would be solved. I actually moved my checking activity to Chase Bank as a result of the chaos. I waited for no activity in the PNC accounts and then closed them in Quicken, after backing up of course. I first deleted the account and that didn't work because you lose all the history. The close process worked but was messy when you open the new one and it downloads months of transactions into the new account that have to be deleted, otherwise you will have duplicate records in the archived account overlapping the new account.
This discussion has been closed.