Quicken adds catagories to new downloaded bank transactions

Options
jsiver
jsiver Member

I have turned off every option in preferences that have anything to do with adding categories and memos but some transactions (the same every month) still have the memo and category added by quicken. how can make sure all transactions download without a category or memo?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jsiver,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you have gone to Edit>Preferences and made sure every setting that would automatically add/change category and memo fields is turned off, then is there any chance that its coming in that way directly from the financial institution?

Just to verify that you have everything turned off that could influence those fields, you have checked Edit>Preferences>Downloaded Transactions and made sure Automatically categorize transactions, Automatically apply quicken's suggested name to payee, and Use my existing renaming rules are not selected?

If the transactions you're having trouble with are being marked as transfers when you don't want them to show that way, did you go to Edit>Preferences>Transfer detection and uncheck the option to Scan downloaded transactions for possible transfers?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.