Budget totals being doubled when using Bill reminders

Options
BigSpender69
BigSpender69 Member ✭✭
So, with a little bit of troubleshooting, I figured this one out.

So, lets say you make a bill reminder for $100 under the CLOTHING category for example.

You set the bill reminder to ONCE ONLY as the payment schedule for JUNE 1st.

In the budget in ANNUAL VIEW & DETAILS, you will see the clothing category stating $200 in the ACTUALS column for the selected month

To work around this, set the Bill Reminder to MONTHLY and set the payment option at the bottom to END AFTER 1 reminder.

That resolves the problem in the ACTUAL totals in the budget (in BLUE) but another one now surfaces.

If you go back to the budget and click on the $100 ACTUAL column (in blue) a pop-up window for expenses & reminders will appear. The total at the bottom of the pop-up is DOUBLED. It is doubling the BILL REMINDER total. When you also have expenses in the register for that category, they add up ok. It's just the BILL REMINDER that has this problem.

Using Quicken Home & Business CANADIAN edition R48.15, Build 27.1.48.15

Comments

• Destarah
    Destarah Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have also seen this behaviour ... same version and build number. Really messes with my OCD
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This problem also exists in the US version, R 50.5

The reminder set to "Only Once" has been doubled. The reminder set to "Monthly, end after 1" appears once.
    And the display's total doesn't know how to add things up …

• pspottswood
    pspottswood Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having this issue as well. Hoping there will be a permanent fix soon.

• BigSpender69
    BigSpender69 Member ✭✭
    Options

I reported it as a bug from within Quicken.

I reported a few bugs with detailed explanations and screenshots. I hope they resolve them all, would be fantastic!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.