Is there a known bug with R49.33?

Options
CWilder
CWilder Member

I try to update from the app and it fails 'The Update Failed to Install'.

I'm running this from Windows 11 Home

Updating from R49.29 Build 27.1.49.29

It fails when extracting Updtdetails.udt

No details shown. I tried all steps shown thru trying it in Safe mode.

When I down load the manual update file 27.1.50.5MPatchexe and click 'open file' nothing happens.

If I go to the file in the download folder and double click on it nothing happens.

When I open up the event viewer there are 2 Error messages related to patch.exe failing for each try.

1 Application error and 1 net runtime error.

This seems like a bug in the file, it's dissappointing that the update window that says it failed shows absolutely no details as to why it failed.

Does anyone have an answer?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• CWilder
    CWilder Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you so much for the suggestion, turning off the anti-virus did the trick!

I don't recall seeing that as a try in the troubleshooting section I was following.

I may have missed it but if you check it maybe add this as one of the steps to try if it's not in there, maybe just after the section of going safe mode.

Thanks again!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @CWilder,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. There is one known issue when installing R 49.33. Some users are encountering an issue where the install hangs at the optimizing and executing files step during the update. You can see that Community Alert here.

From what you are describing, it sounds like you are encountering a different issue. Do you use an anti-virus program? If so, have you tried pausing it while running the update? Is the computer you are trying to install the update on a personal computer or a work computer?

Have you tried redownloading the patch in case the first time you downloaded it, the file didn't download properly?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CWilder
    CWilder Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you so much for the suggestion, turning off the anti-virus did the trick!

I don't recall seeing that as a try in the troubleshooting section I was following.

I may have missed it but if you check it maybe add this as one of the steps to try if it's not in there, maybe just after the section of going safe mode.

Thanks again!

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear you were able to successfully install the update. If you could provide the link or the title of the article you were using to troubleshoot, I can take a look and request it be updated if it does not include that step.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.