Search Investment Registers Only

Options
jtgostars
jtgostars Member ✭✭
Is there anyway to limit a search to an Investment account register only? I have tried using the "Find" with "Find in 'Any Field' by default checked and unchecked but the Search Results are still from all account registers (screen shots attached) not just the investment account I have selected. I would think this is somewhat of an important feature especially for investment accounts so I cannot believe it is not available somewhere and I am just not doing it right.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jtgostars,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. The Find tool is designed to look at all accounts and gives no option to narrow to just one account. One work around, from this previous discussion on the subject, is to go to Reports>Banking>Transaction and then customize the report with your search criteria (the account, date range, category, etc).

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jtgostars
    jtgostars Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, challenge being that my investments accounts have multiple securities (50+), types of transactions (Actions) and numerous "Descriptions". To create a report for each of the specific attributes or combinations of attributes I sometimes search for I would end up with a multitude of reports saved and/or have to create a report each time I needed to search for something and then not save it. A lot of work/overhead for something I seem to be able to easily do in my other registers using the filters at the top.

Of course I understand Quicken is not intended to be a financial accounts analysis tool but still seems like the functionality for registers should be global and not just restricted to non-investment accounts
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

… still seems like the functionality for registers should be global and not just restricted to non-investment accounts

There is an internal reason by which non-investment accounts have 'registers' and investment accounts have 'transaction lists'. That distinction frequently seems to cause the features and attributes of one not to be directly transferrable to the other. That is not to disagree that that the find feature for investment account transaction lists could be more robust; only that it is an internally different set of programming than applies to the 'registers'.

I do think an Investment Transaction Report can be a pretty accessible alternative to Find.

This discussion has been closed.