Issue paying your Sam's Club Mastercard using QuickPay

Options

When I attempt to add Sam's Club Mastercard as an online bill it is added but states: "Bill added but the next due amount is not yet available.  Please try to update your Bill List later".  I do and this never gets resolved even when the upcoming bill is available on their site.  In addition, unlike those bills that are being processed, there isn't an account number associated with this biller.  Typically, these are added when the Online Bill is added in Bill Manager.  When I click on "Fix It" or "Refresh Bill", I first receive a message that "We're working on linking Sam's Club Personal Credit. We'll let you know if we need anything else.". This never resolves. If I click on the "Fix it" button offered on that screen I receive the following error: "Unable to update billers. Quicken could not retrieve the list of billers. Please try again later".

If I run "Review and Repair Online Billers", I receive the following message (I clicked on OK so it is removed.

"Validate has detected a biller on the server (Sam's Club Mastercard) which is incomplete or not present locally.  If you have selected a subset of the bills available from this biller or you have setup this biller recently and are waiting for first bill to arrive, click 'Cancel'.  Otherwise click 'Ok' to remove it from the server; any related local item(s) will be converted to manual reminder(s).  

Remove this biller from the server.      OK    Cancel"

Readding the biller, or for that matter first running a File Validation and Super Validation (with no errors) resulted in no change.

I've even waiting days, maybe even a week, resulted in no change.

Any input as to whether you are having this issue or if your Sam's Club MC is being paid without issue in QuickPay would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.
  -- Howard

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @HJR,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Also, if you have a due date coming soon, since Quicken is giving you trouble sending the payment, please make sure to use other means to send the payment. Most billers allow you to make a payment directly through their website or over the phone with their customer service.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina thanks for the reply. My Quicken file is on the c: drive and not sync'd with any service. The issue began when the Sam's Club Bill was correctly listed under the Bills & Income tab except when I attempted to schedule it for later payment, Quicken displayed a message that the "Biller requires a date of MM/DD/YYYY or earlier" where MM/DD/YYYY is the current date.  This occurred even though Quicken had already downloaded the latest bill. So, I removed the biller and added it again which placed it in its current state.

The current bill is scheduled for payment on 06/16/2023 through my bank's bill pay which by the way never poses the issues I continually have with QuickPay.

Thank you
    Howard

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had previously tried validating and super validating the file which produced no errors and no change in results. Since I didn't exit Quicken and wait at least 5 seconds after doing each, I just tried it again, with the same results.

Thank you

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next troubleshooting step would be restoring a backup from before the issue started and testing to see if the issue is resolved in the newly restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.