Chase Reconciliation

Options
griblets
griblets Member

Is there or will there ever be a fix for the ongoing issue with Chase account reconciliation where the cleared balance doesn't match the online balance because Quicken reads the pending transactions as cleared? I have been looking for a solution for nearly a year. I recall seeing a post from Quicken that it is resolved. But it definitely is not resolved for me.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @griblets,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DBell
    DBell Member
    Options

This issue is a real pain to put it mildly… and has been going on, as I recall, since the update that required us to use connect through Quicken Connect… months. For reconciliation it is including pending transactions from your Chase account and it rarely balances without manual intervention.

So if you download and have a pending restaurant charge, you must select it or include it to balance the account. However, once the final charge posts at the bank, which includes the tip, the new amount gets downloaded and your account will not balance. If you go back you have to find the other cleared pre-tip transaction and delete it.

Additionally, if you try to find the transaction in your account by adding the "Statement Amount" column, it shows both the pre-tip and post-tip amounts; the pending charge is part of the statement downloaded from Chase. This is very time consuming especially if you have an active account and every pending transaction at the bank is pulled in.

Please work to resolve this with Chase as it is a detractor for you guys, big time… especially given the amount of time this has been going on.

Thank you,

Dan

• ScottGi
    ScottGi Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been experiencing this issue since the fall of 2022 when the connection method was changed to direct connect.

Although cumbresome, I did find a work around. I download my transactions daily and accept them into my register. I then login to my Chase account and click on the applicable account. It will list the available balance at the top for the last banking date. Your pending transactions are then listed above those transactions.

I set my account reconciliation method to "paper statement", click off the auto reconcile checkbox.

After downloading and accepting my transactions, I click the reconcile option under the settings/gear icon in my Chase account register. I'm prompted with the reconcile dialog and enter the current date and the available balance from the last banking date (from above), click OK. The transaction window is then presented with the new transactions marked as cleared and the difference should be zero. You can then click the done button and the transactions will be marked reconciled.

As mentioned in other posts, Quicken should be using the available balance from the account and not the Online Balance (which includes Pending Transactions). Hopefully a fix will be provided soon since we already identified/diagnosed the issue for them.

• DBell
    DBell Member
    Options

Thanks Scott… I have been doing the same for months. Which is a real pain when you have several accounts. I too hope they resolve this as it should be a simple fix.

This discussion has been closed.