Spending by Category Card

Options
J. Holmes
J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Reports (Mac)

The category order doesn't appear to change on the Spending by Category card. For example, I would expect the categories to be sorted from largest to smallest based on the percentages. Does anyone know how the categories are ordered?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2023
    Options

It's largest to smallest, with the exception of "Other" which is always last since it's a combination of everything that was too small to show up on its own.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ahh, ok. Thanks for the insights. Other is typically my largest category, thereby I would have expected it to be at the top.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe if Quicken were to display 10 categories instead of only 5 (plus Other), the donut graph would make a little more sense.

• notsureifitsworthit
    Options

Anyone know what categories Quicken allows in the pie chart? Its a shame older versions were much more detailed… not a fan of the Other category when it shows up as 30% of spending..

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It probably shows the first highest 4 or 5 biggest categories and then everything else in Other.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yes, it currently shows the top 5 spending categories and then lumps everything else into "Other". I have created an Idea post requesting the developers show more categories, an easy tweak which would make the card more useful. Please take a second to click the link and add your vote!

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.