Downloaded Transactions Clearing out the Category Field

Options
robsquick
robsquick Member ✭✭
I'd like to re-open this discussion:

When I download transactions from my banks credit card it whips out the Category field. In some cases, it changes the name of the payee to what's indicated in my online credit card account. I can live with the payee change, but clearing the category field is unacceptable. I may have to go back to old fashion monthly reconciliations.

Two examples-
In Quicken I'll enter this in my register:
Payee = Amazon Category = Luxuries:Misc Luxuries
Payee = Jersey Mikes Category = Eat Out

After download:
Payee = Amzn*Lktp Us*rx3bp50s3 Category = <blank>
Payee = Jersey Mikes X3233 Category = <blank>

All other fields in the register remain as I input them (Ie: date, memo, amount)

This only happens with downloads to my banks credit card (It's a major bank and a major credit card that everyone is familiar with). And interestingly, only with certain payees including Amazon and some restaurants. Vendors such as gas stations, Home Depot, Walmart do not change Payee or clear out the Category field - they leave my register just as i had input to them.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @robsquick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Have you gone to Edit>Preferences>Downloaded Transactions and made sure settings that would automatically change payee and categories are unchecked?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.