Webster Bank Express Web

Options
art116
art116 Member ✭✭
Sterling Bank recently merged with Webster Bank and combined their online banking. I am no longer able to download transaction into Quicken. I was required to change my Sterling password to a new Webster password. When I try to download transactions Quicken informs me that the server rejects my access. I am able to use the Webster password to access the website directly. Webster support says there is no problem on their end. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @art116,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To make the financial institution switch in Quicken, you will first need to deactivate the account from the old bank, and then reactivate and connect the account with the new bank.

Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. Edit each account with the old financial institution to Deactivate on the Online Services tab
    3. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    4. When finished, close the Account List
    5. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    6. Search for the new financial institution name and walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    7. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dickm2275
    dickm2275 Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue. Called Webster (snb) and I was told that they are not supporting Quicken direct. I was able to use Web Connect but not sure how long they will support QFX files if they are not going to support direct download or One Step Download. Here is how I got some connection set up.

Login to my bank account. Selected the bank account. on the next page used the MORE Actions

Selected Export transactions. Selected QFX format and saved the file.

Started Quicken selected my bank and then selected file import qfx It opened up a window and then I selected

the file I just saved. Made sure it was pointing to my account. Did the update of transactions.

Saved and re started quicken. Now I can select my bank ( on quicken) and it will send me to webster snb bank so I can do this again. Account in quicken is showing WEB Connect. May not be what I had but better than nothing.

• cmentz
    cmentz Member
    Options

This is the worst. This bank says its nothing on their end and nothing has changed. Not true. Thinking I may just have to close the accounts and move on from this nightmare of a bank.

• art116
    art116 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Tried deactivating Sterling account and deleting any info. Then created new Webster account but still was not able to connect. Installed earlier backup with Sterling account and used Webster password. Curiously I was able to connect to my account. Problem solved for the moment.

I spoke with Webster Bank and there was no mention of not supporting direct downloads of transactions.

Thanks all.
  • dickm2275
    dickm2275 Member ✭✭
    Options

June 10 after I connected to webster bank using the simple web connect today I was able to use the Direct connect and I am now connected so I can use the One Step Update. Yeee.

See my step above to connect with web connect. Today I used the update to a better connection on the Webster Account (tab) then the Online Services tab

• Aweiss
    Aweiss Member ✭✭
    Options

is this issue fixed already ?

what can i do ?

This discussion has been closed.