American Express Accounts

Options
Woodbender
Woodbender Member ✭✭

Recently, Quicken and American Express required that I reset my connection to American Express and I have reset my connection to my American Express Accounts numerous times now and although the accounts update each time I do one, I keep getting an error message asking me to reset my connection. Very annoying. Has anyone experienced the same?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Woodbender,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you getting a message that looks like the sample image below?

If so, then it lists the account names that it sees still connected via the old connection method. Are those accounts inactive or closed accounts? If so, then you would want to backup your file and disconnect the accounts.

If they are active accounts, then I recommend you go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. You will want to check for any inactive or closed accounts that are still connected in Quicken (if Quicken thinks its connected, there will be a financial institution name showing in the Financial Institution column).

Please make sure to backup your file, then disconnect or close any inactive/closed accounts as appropriate. Once that is done, disconnect the specific accounts that Quicken was showing as still connected via the old connection method. Once those accounts are disconnected, reconnect them by going to Accounts>Add Account and following the prompts. Once you have them reconnected, please test to see if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Woodbender
    Woodbender Member ✭✭
    Options
    Actually it is not what i get this is what i get. Like i said I have reset this connection several times now.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When you say you reset the connection several times, I'm assuming you mean you clicked the Setup button next to the error message, followed the prompts, and the error was not resolved?

To correct the issue, first, backup your Quicken file. Then disconnect the American Express accounts connected under that User ID. Please go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts to verify there are not any inactive or closed accounts that are still trying to connect.

Once all American Express accounts under that User ID have been disconnected, go to Accounts>Add Account and follow the prompts to authorize and re-connect the accounts.

Once the accounts have been reconnected, check to make sure the error is resolved.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Woodbender
    Woodbender Member ✭✭
    Options
    I found three old American Express Accounts that were hidden and active so I closed them now and everything is fine for now. Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.