Why do I repeatedly have reconciliation errors in a checking account without manual entries?

Options
B_G
B_G Member

I have a Bank of America checking account. I download all transactions. I do not make manual entries. And, I have auto reconcile selected. Every few months, the "reconciliation window" pops up and tells me that the account does not reconcile. It is usually off by many thousands of dollars. Sometimes (after Quicken updates) I find duplicate transactions, which is very annoying. Even more annoying, after checking and double checking against my bank account, I find no error and am forced to make a correction entry. What is doing on? Just a massive bug in the software??????

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @B_G,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you check the Online Balance in your Quicken, does that balance reflect transactions that are still pending with Bank of America? If so, that is likely the reason for the discrepancies you are seeing. Putting in an adjustment (if pending transactions are the cause) will throw the balance off once those pending transactions post and download to your Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ericvon
    ericvon Member
    Options

I too am having issues with getting my Bank of America accounts to reconcile.

I have been using Quicken for MANY years. It appears the online balance from Bank of America to Quicken includes pending transactions. The problem is — pending transactions are not in my Quicken register. In other words, those pending transactions do not appear in my quicken register until they have been downloaded into quicken until they are no longer pending with BOA and then they download into Quicken. This is throwing off my balance in Quicken, and I am not able to reconcile.

This is very frustrating. Again - I did not used to have this issue. Has there been a recent change with Bank of America in how online balances are provided?

Please help!

This discussion has been closed.