Receipt attachment "done" eliminates the transaction. Why?

Options
Flytdeck
Flytdeck Member ✭✭
I scan my receipts and then attach them to my transactions as a PDF file. Since the recent update, the entire transaction disappears when the file is selected and "Done" is executed in the file window. Strangely, when I re-enter the transaction, the file appears attached when save is executed.
My workaround is to save the transaction THEN attach the file and save it again.
Tagged:

Answers

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I updated to R50.9 this evening and I am now having the same problem described by the original poster @Flytdeck . This is a new bug introduced in R50.9.

I encourage everyone who has this issue to report it to Quicken using Report A Problem.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note: it sounds like the original poster was referring to a manually entered transaction. The issue also affects downloaded transactions. Up until this release, one could attach a document to a transaction that was still in the waiting to be accepted list and then click accept/save and the transaction would be accepted/saved with the new attachment. This no longer works. Now you need to accept the transaction then go back to the accepted transaction and add the attachment, which is inconvenient from a workflow perspective.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

(CTP-6983)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.