Venmo Two Factor Authentication requirement for every download (edit)

Options
Bruce Rose
Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭

Venmo is requiring a two factor validation on every update request thru Quicken One Step Update. Perhaps Quicken and Venmo could coordinate and work out a one-time authorization process like many other institutions and skip the two factor requirement on every update request.

Regards to everyone!

Comments

• jaybee16
    jaybee16 Member
    Options

I agree. I like that 2FA helps to keep us safe, but other institutions seem to have figured out how to do this without the extra effort each time I update.

• Levi Reeves
    Levi Reeves Member ✭✭
    Options

upvote

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

The 2FA requirements come directly from the financial institutions and their severs, which Quicken does not have access to. For further information and assistance, you will need to directly reach out to Venmo. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 representative or supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• kayakor
    kayakor Member ✭✭
    Options

My wife has a Venmo account, and so do I. Both are set up in Quicken. My account does not do @FA on every update. My wife's does. I cannot say why. The only visible difference is that my account is linked with my cell phone number, hers is with her email address.

I just do not have a check next to hers during updates. It's not really a problem because she rarely uses it.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

As @Quicken Jasmine stated, I think it depends on which FI connection you use. I have several Amex accounts which I can use different FI connections interchangeably. Some of them ask for 2FA verification every time I do an update. Others never ask for it. Luckily, I was able to switch to connections for all my Amex accounts that don't ever ask for it.

This discussion has been closed.