American Express Savings new Problem

Options
JB20
JB20 Member ✭✭
Recently American Express instructed me to create new credentials (PW and Username) because they are updating their website. Prior to the update Quicken for Mac was able to download my balances and transactions from the American Express website. After the update it has been unable to connect to the American Express website. I have spent hours on the phone with Quicken support and they have been unable to resolve the issue despite receiving emails stating that the problem has been fixed. In desperation I have downloaded my Amex transactions in a QFX file from the American Express website, however, Quicken is unable to read the file. So this is a second thing that is broken between American Express and Quicken. Is any one else having these problems? As a side note Amex claims that it doesn't support Quicken, but they have been saying this for years and I never had trouble before.
Tagged:

Comments

• Lesmoore15
    Lesmoore15 Member ✭✭
    Options

I, too, am unable to download the savings account files I have always been able to download. I have not had to change any passwords. The only difference for me is the AMEX website is definitely different than the last time I downloaded on May 20 and I have had another update from Quicken (Which I have come to dread, because 50% of the time that means something is not going to work). It did list Quicken as a download choice when I downloaded. Quicken said it was unable to open the file.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @JB20 and @Lesmoore15,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, you are downloading .QFX files directly from the financial institution and Quicken is throwing an error saying it is unable to read the file? If that is the case, that would indicate that the financial institution is providing a bad file. Sometimes, changing the date range when generating the file can help. If the issue persists after that, I'd recommend reaching out to the financial institution for further assistance. You may need to ask for a supervisor or a higher level of tech support since they are the ones most likely to by knowledgable about integration with 3rd party applications like Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.