2nd Citi Credit Card won't link as online Bill

Options
I have 2 Citi Credit Cards, 1 for me and 1 for my wife (2 separate logins to Citi). They both download transactions fine however I can only get mine to link to an online bill so it updates the amount due each month. Hers won't link.

If i go to the bill reminder and click the "link it now" on the bottom it opens up the window asking if i want to link so i click the blue "Link it now button".

I then get a list of all of my credit cards eligible to link (I have several with other banks). Her card doesn't appear so i click add a new bill and it bring up a search to find the bank. (i've tried Citi and Citi Credit Card) and both come back with only my Citi Card and say's its already added.

How can I get her card added as an online bill?

I have tried deactivating and reactivating the transactions download for her card and that hasn't worked.

I also tried deleting the bill reminder for that card, and clicking Add and selecting Online Bill, then it brings up a window that shows my citi card and says already added.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @vital411,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To clarify, you are experiencing an issue where you are unable to link your wife's credit card bill?

If so, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• vital411
    vital411 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried that and it didn't work.

But in the billers section it shows a CITI with an error. (There is another Citi below that's working and that's for my card)

If i click fix it it says there's a sign in problem and if i fix that it spins for a second and then i get that it can't update billers.

Any other suggestions?
  • vital411
    vital411 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So i ended up fixing this issue and wanted to post an update incase anyone comes across this.

I removed the online transaction download from the account.

Went to Add New Account as if I were setting it up from new. Chose Citi and entered my credentials. It found the card and i linked that to the existing account in quicken. It then showed up as an online bill.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @vital411,

Thank you for coming back to update us and for sharing the troubleshooting steps that you took for other users.

We are happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.