Quicken for Mac running extremely slow

Options
jcdean1010
jcdean1010 Member ✭✭

This was in a discussion moderated by Quicken_Natalie in 2000, but the suggestions there are not the solution to my situation. Anyway, that discussion has been closed, so I'm hoping to get it going again!

Every time I try to enter a check or edit a transaction, I get the spinning ball. This was not always the case. It started a few updates ago. I'm running MacOs Monterey 12.5.1, and have the latest Quicken updates installed Version 7.1.1 (Build 701.49349.100)

Thank you.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The most common reason for this is a simple but unexpected one: you may have a report open which is hidden behind the main Quicken window. Pull down the Window menu and at the bottom, see if there is anything under Sync Errors. If so, close those windows, and you'll see Quicken jump back to being responsive; open reports need to regenerate after every transaction entry/edit, which can really bog things down.

(P.S. And if that turns out to be the case for you, please take 10 seconds to add your vote for a feature request to make open windows more apparent to users. Click the link, and in the yellow box under the first post, click the little black arrow to register your vote.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jcdean1010
    jcdean1010 Member ✭✭
    Options

to Jacobs:

I tried this solution regarding hidden reports before, and again just now, no hidden reports, nothing under Sync Errors. Hopefully there is another possible cause of the slowness???

This discussion has been closed.