Tax Center Projected Tax amounts are zero [edited]

Options
dogkeeper
dogkeeper Member ✭✭

What happened to 'projected tax' under Planning - Tax Center? When I open Quicken and then Tax Center, all fields are zero. (They used to be fully populated upon opening.) If I then open and close 'Show Tax Planner', the fields are populated. Data appears to be correct, but this makes me suspicious.

Using Quicken Premier, version R50.8, build 27.1.50.8. This condition only occurred after the latest update.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken made some changes to the "Tax Estimator" in R50.5. That may have caused the calculations to be reset, but I would have expected the numbers in the Projected Tax section to be retained if you close and re-open Quicken.

QWin Premier subscription
  • dogkeeper
    dogkeeper Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry but no. Have closed and reopened Q multiple times but same problem.
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Jim_Harman
    edited June 2023
    Options

@dogkeeper To clarify, I am seeing the same problem as you. Steps to reproduce:

• Open Quicken and go to Planning > Tax Center
    • Observe that all the numbers in the Projected Tax section except for the Tax year are zero
    • Click on Show Tax planner
    • Fill in some numbers if necessary and close Tax Planner.
    • Observe that the Tax Planner numbers are populated in the Projected Tax section
    • Close and re-open Quicken
    • Go to Planning > Tax Center and observe that the numbers are back to zero.

I edited to the title to describe the problem.

• dogkeeper
    dogkeeper Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jim, Thanks. I concur with your summary. Now we will hold our breath until Q team make repair. Tom
  • Jim_Harman
    Options

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

Updates on problems that Quicken has acknowledged are posted at the link below.

Quicken never says when a problem is expected to be resolved.
    https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

• Cyclist
    Cyclist Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have same problem as well.

• Randy4486
    Randy4486 Member ✭✭
    Options

Having same problem

• Jim_Harman
    Options

To those who are experiencing this problem, please contact Quicken Support as described above. That is the most effective way to get Quicken to fix it.

• Cyclist
    Cyclist Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Continue to have same problem. For me to get it to populate data, I must first click "Show Tax Planner" button (all data IS there), and actually go and change something (User Entered). Then when I close the planner, data is populated on the Tax Center screen. I did (as per advice above) utilize the "Report a problem" option on the Help screen. Don't really have any high expectations though. Not a huge problem, but definitely annoying.

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I'm having this issue as well. Noticed it in R50.5.

@Cyclist I can recreate your fix, but I also noted that after the update, if you make a change in an investment register (add DIVS for example), the tax planner does not update. That is, you have to go through your update process in order to refresh to see the new register entry effect!

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As @Jim_Harman and I have said in the above posts you need to contact support about this problem. Even contact them after each new update that doesn't fix it.

You can mention Chat ticket T10286495. (from earlier this month)

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Windows R50.13 still doesn't fix the issue and I have already reported the issue.

• K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Reported this am as well for same issue.

Windows Deluxe, R50.13

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Still no fix in Tax Center, Projected Tax figures in the next version, HF3, R50.14. Be sure to "Report a Problem"

• jk_hart
    jk_hart Member ✭✭
    Options

Still broken in R50.14

• CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Having same problem. Started around a recent "update".

Please fix this new flaw Quicken!

Quicken User Since - 1991
  • jk_hart
    jk_hart Member ✭✭
    Options

Still broken in latest update R50.15…🙄

• Cyclist
    Cyclist Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't really expect the fix, but figured I'd weigh in (again) and concur - still doesn't work in R50.15

C'mon Quicken … with the plethora of releases over the last couple of months, can't you get this fix rolled into an update???

• jk_hart
    jk_hart Member ✭✭
    Options

Schocker (not really)…still broken in R50.16

• PCWizard
    PCWizard Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also having this same issue, running Quicken Deluxe for Windows, Version R50.16, Build 27.1.50.16.

• Doug Obee
    Doug Obee Member ✭✭
    Options

Having sane problem with a note. I don't have to change anything, just open tax planner and close it to populate the projected tax box.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Still broken with R51.10, guess this isn't that important to Quicken.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jfclague

Thanks for the update.

Haven't gotten that update yet.

Make sure you use Report a Problem and Chat to report that this update did not fix this bug.

• jk_hart
    jk_hart Member ✭✭
    Options

I reported it to Quicken, surprised at how little attention this bug has gotten. I'm thinking users don't use Tax Center for Tax planning?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-6982)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Kirk Im
    Kirk Im Member
    Options

Still not working - R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12

• Vesldoc
    Vesldoc Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not working…

• jk_hart
    jk_hart Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options