One of the investments in my 401k is not showing up. Why??

Options
debsterc
debsterc Member

My 401k includes both mutual funds and an investment trust. The trust isn't showing up and that causes the balance to be understated by a significant amount.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @debsterc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide the name of the financial institution experiencing this issue?

To start with, I recommend creating a new (test) file and try adding the account brand new to see if you receive the same result in the test file. If needed, please, review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• debsterc
    debsterc Member
    Options

It's Vanguard. I've disconnected and deleted the account multiple times, with the same result.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your response.

Disconnecting or deleting the account and readding it in the same data file will not help us properly diagnose the issue. Please refer to my previous response and create a new test file to add the account to the test file.

Adding the account in a new file will help us diagnose whether or not this issue stems from an issue within your current data file or if it is an issue within the servers on the financial institution's side. It will also help determine how to proceed.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In your active data file what is the exact name of this investment trust?
    Looking at the definitions of this security, what is the Security Type? Stock, Mutual Fund, something else?
    The Security type for this investment trust can NOT be "Market Index". This value is reserved for true market indexes like Dow Jones, S&P, etc.

• debsterc
    debsterc Member
    Options

It doesn't even show up in the data file. It is not a publicly traded investment…it is a trust only available to certain ERISA qualified plans. Tough to ascertain the definition if it doesn't even show in the first place.

• debsterc
    debsterc Member
    Options

Ok so I've created these so called "test" files connecting only to Vanguard. Unfortunately, you show Vanguard multiple times in your list of financial providers and each one gives me a different result. Why do you have these? How does this make any sense at all? Quite frankly, Quicken is causing me more headaches vs supposedly helping me.

This discussion has been closed.