Overseas US Citizens Unable to Pay for Quicken (MacOS)

Options

Hi, as from the title I have legacy files on Quicken and live overseas (ex US military), but this year Quicken will not allow me to pay for renewal because I do not have a ZIP CODE. I don't care about using the more sophisticated features of Quicken like connecting to a US financial institution (I have none), etc., and am just using it as an account ledger. I paid the subscription fee through PayPal but Quicken is still showing a large banner across my account ledger that I need to renew my subscription. Surely, there has to be a better and less cumbersome way to pay my renewal fee. Please help!

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You paid for the subscription already? Then you don't need to pay for it, again. But, FYI, if you ever do need to pay for it again you can enter any ZIP code. If nothing else, just use the Quicken Inc. ZIP code.

Since your subscription has been paid and you are still getting the banner it likely means that your software is out of sync with your Cloud Account. You can correct this by going to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > follow the prompts to sign out > when prompted to Sign In, again, use your CURRENT Quicken ID and PW.

After doing this your software link with your Cloud Account should be refreshed so your software will show you have a current subscription (Help > About Quicken) and the banner should no longer be present.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

You paid for the subscription already? Then you don't need to pay for it, again. But, FYI, if you ever do need to pay for it again you can enter any ZIP code. If nothing else, just use the Quicken Inc. ZIP code.

Since your subscription has been paid and you are still getting the banner it likely means that your software is out of sync with your Cloud Account. You can correct this by going to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > follow the prompts to sign out > when prompted to Sign In, again, use your CURRENT Quicken ID and PW.

After doing this your software link with your Cloud Account should be refreshed so your software will show you have a current subscription (Help > About Quicken) and the banner should no longer be present.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The reply above is for Quicken Windows, and the question was for Quicken Mac. In Quicken Mac, select Quicken > Sign Out, followed by Quicken > Sign In. This should cause Quicken to check your account status and reflect your renewed subscription.

Otherwise, the reply above is correct: just enter any US zip code when paying Quicken.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKOlvera
    UKOlvera Member
    Options

Thanks. Seems silly Quicken allows the customer to enter any US zip code regardless of whether they live there or not.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Quicken does a lot of silly things. 😂

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2023
    Options

@UKOlvera - I think (not sure) an accurate Zip code is required when using US-based credit cards for payment. The card issuers and sellers often require an accurate Zip code as part of their checks for credit card fraud. For other payment methods the Zip code is usually not needed but for some reason Quicken.com's system still requires a Zip code (any Zip code) to be entered. As @jacobs said, "Quicken does a lot of silly things."

BTW, the response I had originally provided was for QWin because your Community profile shows you are using QWin. I should have asked for clarification about which (QWin or QMac) you are using. If your Community profile is incorrect, you might want to update it to show you are now using QMac.

This discussion has been closed.