Amazon via Synchrony Transactions not populating in Quicken

Options

Normally, I download the file and it imports when I click it.

The file downloads successfully. The file looks correct, at least it does have the data. I can't attached it, but I will copy some of it below.

It will not add the transactions into Quicken as it normally does.

Quicken flashes as it received something, but the "Downloaded Transactions" are still 0.

I've tried to reopen the files, but nothing shows up in quicken.

This started last weekend. I've restarted and all that.

OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:102
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:NONE
NEWFILEUID:NONE

<OFX>
<SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
<SONRS>
<STATUS>
<CODE>0
<SEVERITY>INFO
</STATUS>
<DTSERVER>20230616035416.416[-8:PST]
<LANGUAGE>ENG
<FI>
<ORG>SYNCB
<FID>4537
</FI>
<INTU.BID>4537
</SONRS>
</SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
<CREDITCARDMSGSRSV1>
<CCSTMTTRNRS>
<TRNUID>0
<STATUS>
<CODE>0
<SEVERITY>INFO
</STATUS>
<CCSTMTRS>
<CURDEF>USD
<CCACCTFROM>
<ACCTID>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1
</CCACCTFROM>
<BANKTRANLIST>
<DTSTART>20230521
<DTEND>20230521
<STMTTRN>
<TRNTYPE>CREDIT
<DTPOSTED>20230422
<DTUSER>20230422
<TRNAMT>392.43
<FITID>04222023271039243113301666519252
<NAME>ONLINE PYMT-THANK YOU ATLANTA GA
<MEMO>P9342003H00XS6H12
</STMTTRN>
<STMTTRN>
		</BANKTRANLIST>
<LEDGERBAL>
<BALAMT>-108.54
<DTASOF>20230616035416.416[-8:PST]
</LEDGERBAL>
</CCSTMTRS>
</CCSTMTTRNRS>
</CREDITCARDMSGSRSV1>
</OFX>

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @EricSeidel,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are also experiencing this error. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to download and import the Synchrony QFX to see if it produces the same issue regarding the transactions. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 
      Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile.
    7. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• James J
    James J Member ✭✭✭
    Options

First, Synchrony is providing terrible service. I've been having login problems for both my Amazon and Lowes cards for about a week. Ridiculous.

To address your post, look at the <DTSTART> and <DTEND> values. Both say 20230521. I think synchrony's system is pumping out a junk file that is confusing Quicken. Try changing the first value to the earliest transaction in the downloaded file and change the latter value to the latest transaction you downloaded. Then have Quicken open the file again. I had to do this quite a few times when Synchrony was giving me junk file with simply "R" as the value for both <DTSTART> and <DTEND>. Changing the value fixed it for me.

This discussion has been closed.