Budget Disappeared

Options
jlboyes
jlboyes Member ✭✭

I did an update today and my budget has disappeared - it's asking me to start a new one! I have used the budget feature for a number of years and update it regularly, I don't want to start a new one - help!!

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jlboyes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, I suggest that you restore a backup that was saved prior to this issue occurring to restore the missing budget. Then, turn off cloud sync to prevent the issue from reoccurring. 

Once you've restored the backup, please follow the instructions provided below.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Turn Sync OFF. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jlboyes
    jlboyes Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you - that did help. My only question now is how I get it to sync to the web so I can access on the web also? Or is this functionality just not available anymore?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your response.

Turning off sync does help prevent the budget from disappearing again. However, if you need to sync to the web, I'd recommend saving a backup first before turning sync back on, just in case.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• grgrsu
    grgrsu Member ✭✭
    Options

My budget disappeared as well. I tried using a back up file and I turned off Sync. The budget disappears after I create a new mortgage loan.

• grgrsu
    grgrsu Member ✭✭
    Options

Update: I got on the phone with support. After 45 minutes of trouble shooting, they could not figure it out. So, instead of creating a New Mortgage, I created just a Loan. That didn't affect my budget categories.

This discussion has been closed.