Is there any way to get a listing of scheduled transactions, sorted by Payee? (Q Mac)

Options
Dandrake
Dandrake Member

(Quicken 14 for Windows had it. In current Quicken foe Mac I can't find one,)

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, you can: go into Bills & Income and choose "Projected Balances" to see all your schedtransx:

Then click on the Payee column header to make that the sort key: All Payees will be grouped together. That's how you sort in any register.

Alternatively, when in that Bills & Income view, you can type the Payee name into the Search field to pull up all for that Payee.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, you can: go into Bills & Income and choose "Projected Balances" to see all your schedtransx:

Then click on the Payee column header to make that the sort key: All Payees will be grouped together. That's how you sort in any register.

Alternatively, when in that Bills & Income view, you can type the Payee name into the Search field to pull up all for that Payee.

• Dandrake
    Dandrake Member
    Options

Thanks! This does what I need (though I liked the Quicken 2014 operation that would simply print a simple list of the payees and next payment date for each. But I can make this work.)

I'm about to post another query about how to suppress $ signs in reports. I suppose it's better manners to make that a separate posting.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

(a) There was no Quicken 2014 for Mac, so I'm not sure if that's a typo or if you had been using Quicken Windows at that time?

(b) If you go to Bills & Income and click on the Bills tab, the screen will show what I think you're seeing: a list of Payees with their next scheduled payment. However, there is no way to print this screen as a report. There's an existing Idea thread requesting just such a feature. I suggest you take a second to visit this page and add your vote for the feature by clicking the little arrow under the vote total in the yellow box.

If you really want it in printed form, you'd need to take a screenshot(s) and print it. Or try this workaround:

• In the left sidebar, click on All Transactions. 
    • On the far right side under the Search box, click the "v" icon to the right of the little clock. Select "Next One Due" or "Next 30 Days" or whatever you want -- but be aware this will also change this setting for all your account registers. If that's not a problem for you, continue**…
    • Your upcoming schedule transactions appear in gray, mostly above the green "today" line (but possibly a few below the line if you haven't yet market the transactions pair or deposited). Click on the first one and Shift click on the last one to highlight them all
    • Select Print or Command-P, and in the pop-up dialog box select "Include: Selected Transactions Only"; make sure the "Include Scheduled Transactions" checkbox is checked.
    • Click OK to generate a report of the scheduled transactions

(**If you prefer to show different durations of scheduled transactions in different accounts, you'll have to do the above procedure for each individual account for which you have scheduled transactions.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.