Repeated Requests to Login, Periodically Informed My Subscription Has Expired

Options
Norbert
Norbert Member ✭✭

I am running Quicken Home & Business, upgraded to R50.9 on June 9th. Since then, I am frequently being asked to login to my Quicken account, something that normally happened once every few months. About half the time, I get the "Welcome to Quicken" splash screen - Quicken then goes away for a while before I get access to my data. More annoying is that One-Step Update periodically fails with "your membership has expired". This is not the case - my membership is active until Dec/2024. The only solution is to close Quicken and start again. There are a bunch of posts on this error but they seem to relate to using the Quicken Cloud which I do not.

I found https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20347610 which seems similar but has been closed. I followed the advice but will not know if it actually "solved" until I go a few days without issues.

I have reported the issue twice through Quicken's "Report a problem" but have not heard back.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Norbert,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Norbert
    Norbert Member ✭✭
    Options

The problem occurred again today. I called Quicken Support who recommended reverting back to the previous version (48.15, April 2023 for Canadians). This was followed by a rather long progress trying to get me to the right page were I could download older versions. The URL for Canadians is https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has-1. If this issue is affecting US Quicken users, older versions are available at https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has.

The install was successful, although it implied I was upgrading from Quicken 2018 R1. I have restarted Quicken a few times and successfully ran One-Step Update - so far, so good, but I am not proclaiming success quite yet.

• Norbert
    Norbert Member ✭✭
    Options

So far the problem has not reoccurred. Quicken is still offering Version R50.9, which I am ignoring until I get a definitive answer on whether the underlying issue is resolved.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Many/most Canadian users will have adopted R50.9 by now and no one else is reporting that issue. I have not encountered that issue with R50.9 and have been running it since it was released - using it daily. You may be waiting for Godot if you are waiting for official confirmation the issue is "resolved".

This discussion has been closed.