How do I overwrite a previously created backup?

Options
Joe7
Joe7 Member ✭✭

I have multiple data files in Quicken. Most ask the question, Do I want to Overwrite? All of a sudden in my main account, it is not asking and is creating multiple backups of the same named data file on my external HD.

I asked in Quicken Assist, but the answer I received does not apply.

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Check to make sure that Quicken is not adding the TIME to the file's name. There is a check box on the Backup pop-up that controls that option.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See the screen shot on this one to reset it. See if this helps.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Check to make sure that Quicken is not adding the TIME to the file's name. There is a check box on the Backup pop-up that controls that option.

• Joe7
    Joe7 Member ✭✭
    Options

Splasher

That was the answer that I needed. All other accounts do not have time checked, but main account did.

Thank you.

BTW, I noticed that you are using Win11. I am on Win 10 and keep getting requests to upgrade.

Do you recommend?

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW, I noticed that you are using Win11. I am on Win 10 and keep getting requests to upgrade.

I don't make recommendations on OSes. If I had my druthers, I still be running Win NT 4.1. 😀

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Joe7

I resisted the changeover from Win10 to Win11 for a long time, but then my main (tower) computer went toes up and I was forced to Win11. Win11 has some GUI differences that I find annoying - I guess programmers have to justify their big salaries by making things "better" - but Quicken works fine under Win11, if that's the thrust of your question.

This discussion has been closed.