Last Download Date In Register

Options
jpedi
jpedi Member ✭✭

I just installed on a new computer, loaded my existing data file and ran an update but none of account the registers are showing a download date/time as I had previously. I cannot find anywhere in preferences or anything that controls this. What the….?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jpedi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

One that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jpedi
    jpedi Member ✭✭
    Options

Nope, it did not work. And when I ran the One Step update, I got several transactions that were previously matched in my credit union checking account duplicated, showing as "new". I also correctly got a few new transactions in other accounts though. I just tried again and it popped back in just a few seconds saying the download was done when it normally takes a few minutes. Obviously I no longer have confidence that I am getting what I should. Checking for program updates says I the latest version.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for the update, though I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Are all the accounts with the same financial institution or with multiple/different financial institutions?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The last download times live in a file named runtime.dat in a subfolder of C:\Program Data\Quicken. Make sure that the user account under which Quicken is running has full access to that folder and all its subfolders and files.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jpedi
    jpedi Member ✭✭
    Options

I thought I sent more info the other day but apparently it didn't go through… here's what I have:

My problem is happening with all of my accounts, credit union accounts, credit cards and loans.

I found the runtime.dat file in the directory with the name of the active file in the "c:\ProgramData\Quicken" folder but the actual data file is on a separate "d:\Data" drive. The new computer has two drives so data files can be easily backed up separately from programs. Apparently that is confusing Quicken. Previously I had a segregated folder for the data files but it was on the same drive. I checked access rights for everything and there's "full control".

Any ideas?

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Type "Quicken" in the search bar of Windows…. see if there is a folder named Quicken… it may be in the C drive where the data file is located…

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

If you look at the Account List (Ctrl-A), do the last download times appear there? It would be odd to find them in one place and not the other. If that column is missing from the Account List, go the Options menu in the lower left and add it in.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

I am out of ideas and cannot reproduce your problem, sorry. Maybe it's time to call Quicken Support.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you look at the Account List (Ctrl-A)

Click "Edit" on 1 of the Accounts showing "not Available".

Click on "Online Services"

Do you see "Reset Account"?

I had an issue with 1 financial institution not downloading when all others did download…. I made a backup of my data file and then went back in and "Reset" the Account and all was well again…

Don't know if this will work for you so do this at your own risk…. backup first…..

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• jpedi
    jpedi Member ✭✭
    Options

My issue is with ALL accounts, a couple of dozen of them, so that would be pretty onerous, and certainly should never be necessary. I've been using Quicken for decades, never had this happen. I moved the data file onto the C: drive to see if that mattered and it didn't. I think I will uninstall and reinstall before I try Quicken support assuming they will try to take me through everything I have already tried without luck.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Good luck….. does the data file still work on your old computer?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited June 2023
    Options

@jpedi

I think I will uninstall and reinstall before I try Quicken support

Certainly worth a try, but make sure you really wipe Quicken off the face of your PC. After performing the uninstall I would delete (or rename if you're nervous) any of these folders that remain

• C:\Program Data\Quicken
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken
    • %APPDATA%\Quicken
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Quicken

And then run a registry cleaner like CCleaner Free to scrub Quicken remnants out of the registry.

I would then reboot before reinstalling Quicken. Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.