Red Flag appears on Automatic Mortgage Account.

Options
jtcrawf55
jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭

I set up an automatic mortgage account a couple of years ago and at some point recently the little red flag appeared next to the account. I was having an issue with downloading and tried to reset the account. But it said "the account cannot be reset because there are downloaded transactions that must first be accepted into the account register". Also, in Account Details, under Display Options, "Hide in transaction entry lists" is checked and grayed out. How do I accept transactions if I cannot see them so I can reset my account?

Tagged:

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have to admit I really see no advantage at all to having a "downloading" loan Account for a standard mortgage. Having your checking Account "feed" the loan Account, create the interest expense and handle any escrow amounts strikes me as more straight forward, particularly since problems with downloading loans are a frequent topic in here. With a downloading loan you're only getting the principal portion of the loan adjusted - no interest or escrow info is downloaded - and you have no access to the loan's register with a downloading loan because the assumption is that "everything will work correctly so let's not have the user screw things up."

I'll get off my soap box now. Disconnect the load from downloading and that should get you access to the loan's Register.

• jtcrawf55
    jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you. Deactivate is grayed out in Account Details → Online Services. How do I disconnect the loan? Thanks again.

• Tom Young
    Options

I've never used a downloading loan so I'm a bit in the dark here. Under the Online Services tab is Automatic entry set to "On?" That has been associated with the "red flag" issue so turning that off, closing and restarting Quicken might help.

As far as turning downloading off I'd think you'd be able to do that unless you're using an earlier version of Quicken. In that case this

provides a step-by-step process of changing the loan back to a manual entry Account.

• jtcrawf55
    jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Tom, unlike a checking/saving account, there is no "Automatic Entry is: Off" selection under Online Services in the Mortgage account, it's just not there. Second, the older thread to Convert has the instruction to do what is currently not available: "Next you'll want to deactivate your downloaded loan account. Right click on the account and select edit/delete account > online services > deactivate." So, am back to square one. I may have to just create a manual account, delete the automatic one, and go back and link past transactions to the new manual loan. At this point, about 2 years' worth, so not so bad.

• Tom Young
    Options

How about under Preferences > Downloaded transactions? Anything in the "After downloading transactions" area that's checked? (A shot in the dark.)

Have you checked the Online Center as advised here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-says-there-are-transactions-accept-i-do-not-see-any

• jtcrawf55
    jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

There are no check marks in "After downloading transactions".

In Online Center, the Mortgage account isn't even shown under the Financial Institution associated with the Mortgage.

• jtcrawf55
    jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It is frustrating how it says I need to review 34 transactions with no way of doing that. Can't reset the account.

• Tom Young
    Options

Another shot in the dark: Do Edit > Preferences… > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user, then sign back in with your User ID and Password.

After that I might try a Validate.

You might also phone Official Quicken Support and see if they have some answers. I've used them a couple of times with success.

• jtcrawf55
    jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Update: I contacted Quicken support via chat. The person said pretty much what you already said to do with the following additions:

"Ok, I am afraid. In this case that most likely is a glitch on the account or file, though you already validate and did the signout/in. The next step left will be to create a copy of the file though all accounts will be deactivated and you will need to reactivate."

I then said I did not want to deactivate and then reactivate 20 or more accounts just to fix a problem with one account, and that this problem has been on-going now for over 6 months.

"I understand, unfortunately when it comes to file issues there is nothing we can do from our side. Whenever there are issues with the file itself those are the 2 options. The restore of backup (from when the problem was not happening) or going with the copy file."

This discussion has been closed.