"loan is paid off" when it is not

Options

• So USAA is changing how they want data to be downloaded to Quicken. I've ignored that for a month or so. But I finally said, "ok. I'll change it and revalidate my logins. It should be 'better', right?"
  • And now I can't see my loan register on my car loan. It says "this loan is paid off". I can't tell if my old manual entries are still there, or what reports on future payments will show because I can't see the register. And even though the loan shows "Loan is paid off" when I try to look at it, it also shows a balance of over 10k. So I call tech support to try to sort this out. And tech support says I'll have to call back Monday because this is a known problem and the escalation team is not in today (Friday).
  • [Removed - Language]
  • 1. Hiding the loan register on any loan and making it impossible to view or fix it was a [Removed - Rant]
  • 2. The EWC+ to USAA downloaded a bunch of stuff and marked the loan paid off. But it shows a balance. And if it downloaded the online payments and just added them to the register then the register is seriously messed up. I had been manually dealing with the loan by ignoring the interest each month and deducting an approximate amount for the principal. It was close enough for my purposes in tracking net worth, etc. Now I don't know if my net worth numbers are right because I can't see the register to verify how much it is actually using. I called Tech support to fix this and they said they have to escalate because it's a "known problem" with USAA downloads and the escalation team is only available on Monday so I have to wait until next week to get this fixed.
  • 3. Note: I can't unlink the account. When I click on "deactivate" in the account settings, Quicken ignores me!
  • 4. [Removed - Rant]
  • 5. I've seen a few posts that seem to indicate this disappearing register is by design.

Intuit -

[Removed - Rant]

Paul

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Paul In Virginia,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. For the issue with your car loan showing as paid off when it isn't, I would recommend reaching out to Quicken Support on Monday as they requested. The escalation team would need further information to investigate the issue.

If reaching out to Quicken Support again is not a viable option, you can also use the Report a Problem feature by going to Help>Report a Problem. Describe the issue you are encountering and, if possible, include a screenshot of the issue. Please note that if you report the issue this way you will not get a direct response. These reports are reviewed daily to track multiple reports of the same trending issues and/or for troubleshooting/escalation purposes. When multiple reports of the same issue are received, those reports are also investigated further. Reports that can be replicated or verified are then submitted as tickets to the proper channels.

You also mentioned you were having trouble deactivating the account. When did you first notice this problem? If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.