American Express Online Balance

Options
WillyG
WillyG Member ✭✭

I have had this problem on and off for months — after the change in the download process happened. My online balance does not match my register balance and the balance that shows on the Account list is different from these two. After a download and reconcile, it will periodically say that the online balance is different and if I agree to let it put in the adjustment, it ends up being the same amount ($88.01), then a couple of days later it will want me to adjust the balance in the opposite direction for the same amount ($88.01). I did confirm that the AMEX website shows the same downloaded balance — but the account list balance has been wrong for months. At one point I went back and did manual reconciliations and everything was correct. There were no transactions that equaled $88.01 in any of the prior 12 month statements.

I have disconnected and reconnected the online download several times and this issue has continued.

Any thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @WillyG,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When the online balance is incorrect, is it off by the amount of any pending transactions? If that is what is happening, then what you would want to do to avoid the issue is wait for the pending transactions to post and download into Quicken, then reconcile. Alternatively, if the account is too active for that to be an option (eg there are almost always pending transactions), you could do your reconcile comparing to statement balance rather than comparing to the online balance.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.