Issues with Release R.50.13 VERY UPSET

Options
joeag7
joeag7 Member

A week ago, I was running Quicken as normal. Everything working fine. Then I updated to R.50.13 as prompted by Quicken. Then when I did the Quick Update, the blue spinner kept spinning and wouldn't time out. The stop update was unresponsive. I had to Ctrl-alt-del to get out. I restarted Quicken and the Quick Update started on its' own without my prompting. Again Ctrl-Alt-Del. I restored my data back to May and the same problems happened. I ran a validation with minor issues.

Then I called Quicken Support and explained the situation. I think I spoke to SAM. I said there is a problem with the software release, but he said THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THE SOFTWARE. He then ran 2 validations and on the second try there was a message that said the data was 58% corrupted. Don't know how that happened but it wasn't there before.

SAM then switched me to Data Center. I was then told the data could be restored but it will cost me over $900 to fix corrupt data that wasn't corrupt before. AND he can't help me unless I pay. This was a load of crap. I told him the issue was the release but again I was told there is NO issue with the software. This is NOT TRUE. I then asked can I restore the software to a previous release and restore the data using the backup. I was then told this wouldn't help as the files were corrupt since December. AGAIN, another bunch of dishonesty. I've been a customer for over 20 years and was being lied to.

So I restored the software to release R.49.33 and restored to data as well to May, 2023. Everything working fine. I ran the validation and there was NO CORRUPTION in the DATA file. I then did some research and found I lot of users with the same problem with R.50.13.

Can't believe how untruthful Quicken was to me and tried to rip me off for $900+. Quicken should do something for me for being deceitful, especially as I'm a long term customer. My subscription is coming due soon. At a minimum, Quicken should renew my subscription free of charge for the next two years.

Please advise.

Joe Catania

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @joeag7,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize for the issue you are experiencing and the interaction that you had.

Quicken does not charge for Support assistance.

Would you mind providing us with the ticket number given to you during your communication with Quicken Support? Also, please forward this information to spoof@quicken.com.

I love forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What number did you call? Sounds like you talked to a bogus Quicken Support. We hear stories like this alot where people call a number they find online and get scammed. Quicken Support phone number is 650-250-1900. You can find this on the Community page under Contact Support - Call Us.

This discussion has been closed.