American Express sync issues

Options

I currently use Quicken for Windows. Every time I sync with American Express it downloads all transactions and wipes out any previous transitions recorded and categorizes from a previous sync. I have tried to reset and relink the account, and have also tried to create a new account in Quicken and sync to that, but it started to do it again. This stated back in April 2023 that I have no issues.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @childsja,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To check for file specific issues that may be causing this behavior, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• childsja
    childsja Member
    Options

Other Ideas, this did not address the issue. Try both Validate and Super Validate. No real issues were identified.

Previously items downloaded and accepted were wipeout and set in the pending transactions list at the bottom.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next step would be to restore a backup from before the problem started and check to see if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.