Quicken makes me sign in every single day

Options
HW3
HW3 Member

I have tried all the various solutions (signing out, signing in again, deleting various folders, restoring my data from a backup, deleting the program and reinstalling it and then pointing it at my data) and nothing works. It asks me to log in again at least once a day that I use it. Are there any other solutions?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @HW3,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John 444
    John 444 Member
    Options

I have the same issue as well, but it only happens on my computer running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. My older computer does not exhibit the same behavior. Seems to have been introduced during an update within the past 60 days or so. I opened a ticket 10348521 about the issue, they had me uninstall and reinstall, but the problem persists to this day. The issue happens every day when you first start Quicken (I am using the Home, Business and Rental Property version). Subsequent times the program is started each day does not force an online sign in, unless the computer is restarted.

• gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Also experiencing the same issue. Every daily start of the program initiates a prompt for a quicken password.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What release number of Quicken are you running? Help / About Quicken R xx.xx

Ever since I updated to R 51.12, this problem's gone for me.
    After update, it may take one more "Sign in as a different user" procedure to really button it down.

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    • Click the "Sign in as a different user" link on the right side.
    • Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your existing Quicken ID.

• 932Scooter419
    932Scooter419 Member ✭✭
    Options

Using Quicken R51.12 build 27.1.51.12 on Windows 10, 64-bit, and still happening for me. I've signed out and signed back in again after prior updates, looks like at least one more time. Getting old, forrils.

• JB_105
    JB_105 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just happened to me again for the first time since sometime in July but only when I initiated a one-step update.

I'm using R51.10

• 932Scooter419
    932Scooter419 Member ✭✭
    Options

Having to sign out and sign back in isn't the half of this issue, as each time I sign out and sign back in, Quicken somehow finds lots of old transactions (in some cases, from two or three years ago) which it downloads, and these have to be manually deleted one by one.

This discussion has been closed.