Discover Bank?

Options
lcarani
lcarani Member ✭✭

When will quicken be able to connect to Discover Bank? I just keep getting error that it cannot sign in..

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @lcarani,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BereanPK
    BereanPK Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep… same here - I've been using Quicken Windows for a LOOOONG time and I've recently acquired a MacBook. After reading other peoples' issues with the Discover Bank accounts (clearly as opposed to Discover CARD which still works), I've done part of what other people have tried by closing the file, deleting & trying to re-set the account, validating/supervalidating, etc, etc. I even reached out to Discover itself and they replied with the comment that Quicken is no longer supported by Discover - whether that means that Discover isn't actively providing tech support to Quicken tech support requests, or that they shut off all access to Quicken wasn't clear from the reply.

So, I tried opening a trial account on Empower (which I don't plan on using), and lo & behold, my Discover Bank accounts connected perfectly.

Then I tried to connect using Quicken for Mac (yes I know it creates a completely separate copy of my main Quicken file which can't be interchangeably used between Mac & Windows versions), and again - lo & behold, my Discover Bank accounts connected perfectly on Quicken Mac and still connect & download transactions.

So, if there's any direction I can give the Quicken support team for this, it's that it appears to be affecting the Windows version and not the Mac version, and that Discover Bank accounts are still very much accessible to personal finance software.

I just hope that somehow the support team can quickly figure out & fix why Discover Bank accounts' Express Web Connect capability is broken in the Windows version of the software, without having to go through the drastic step that another community user posted on another thread about migrating his whole Quicken account to another username entirely, and having to practically rebuild his Quicken file.

• FrZpd7843
    FrZpd7843 Member ✭✭
    Options

This seems to be purely a Discover issue. There web support person and a manager both confirmed that Discover has no intention of supporting Quicken, indicating that this was a high level management decision on their part. I indicated my displeasure and sent them a letter.

• NLT
    NLT Member ✭✭
    Options

I just spoke with a Discover Bank phone rep and she said Discover stopped all services with Quicken in September 2022. When I asked why it was still working up to a few weeks ago, she had no answer.

Is there a way we can manually download our files monthly into Quicken? Can't fine any info on their site about this.

Thanks.

• BarryGraham
    BarryGraham Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

They are referring to Direct Connect and don't understand how Quicken works.

Barry Graham
    Quicken H&B Subscription
  • BarryGraham
    Options

It was still working because EWC was still working and is still supposed to work. It was Direct Connect that stopped working last year and Discover was not the only bank to stop supporting Direct Connect. A Quicken representative has already posted a much more informed and accurate response than the one from Discover, see the second post in this thread from Quicken Anja.

Barry Graham
    Quicken H&B Subscription
  • BarryGraham
    Options

By the way, several EWC connections stopped working at the end of May (without any error messages), not just Discover and I had to reset all of these to get them working again:

• Chase
    • Capital One
    • PayPal
    • HealthEquity
    • Discover Card

Barry Graham
    Quicken H&B Subscription
This discussion has been closed.