Enter Vault Password Dialog

Options
Jim Shiffrin
Jim Shiffrin Member ✭✭✭

Frequently the “Enter Vault Password” dialog comes up behind other windows on my screen.

I am running Quicken for Windows, currently on Version R50.15.  This has happened for a long time.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jim Shiffrin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you recall when the issue started? Which windows is it hiding behind; is it always the same ones, or is it more random? Is it hiding behind other Quicken windows, or behind any window that pops up without regard to which program caused the prompt to appear? Is there any specific action that triggers this behavior (eg: does it happen only when running One Step Update)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim Shiffrin
    Jim Shiffrin Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It seems to only happen when running the One-Step Update automatically (at 0600). I always have a browser window open, filling most of my screen. When I do not see the yellow flag or double arrow in the notifications area, I minimize the browser, and find either the Vault Password or New Security dialog. This has been going on for a very long time - I just finally got around to complaining about it.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When you go to Tools>Schedule Updates you should have an option to be prompted for the vault password either at Windows Startup or before each scheduled update.

If it is set to Before each scheduled update, then try changing to At Windows startup. That should cause it to prompt you for the password when you start your computer rather than have pop ups when you're busy with something else.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jim Shiffrin
    Jim Shiffrin Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It is set to At WIndows Startup, but the dialog still comes up now and then (not predictable).

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.