Unable to add Bank of America Health Accounts...

Options
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta

Unable to add Bank of America Health Accounts... see attached.

Quicken HB&RP R50.15

Windows 11 PRO current

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Greg Brown,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this a new account(s) that you're trying to add to Quicken, or was this account(s) previously connected and now needs to be reconnected? When did you first notice the issue? Do you have any other accounts with that Financial Institution that are connected in your Quicken?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Greg Brown - I just tried it and it worked easily to download the balance and transactions. The problem is it will only download the $1000 cash balance and not the 'investment' balance…..

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I have been trying to connect this account for quite a while. All of my other accounts work fine with BofA. This is from a different website, and is for health accounts…

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When I check our servers, I can see a CC-506 (Account not found) error when you try to add the account. Per the article to troubleshoot that issue, I recommend that you please do the following:

First, backup your Quicken file.

Deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts:

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A);
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List;
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate on the Online Services tab;
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List;
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken;
    7. Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the Account Bar on your main view;
    8. Walk through this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented, UNTIL you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution;
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

If the account was closed, deactivate it from future online updates

1. Choose Tools menu > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to deactivate.
    3. In the Account Details dialog, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate to stop downloading transactions for this account.

Following those steps should allow you to find and deactivate (or close) any inactive/closed accounts that may have been causing the issue when you were trying to add your account. If the issue persists, you would want to reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.