Navy Federal Credit Union Online Balance

Options
mbates311
mbates311 Member ✭✭

Quicken is incorrectly showing my last Statement Balance instead of actual available balance for my NFCU accounts. This is causing all of my account to incorrectly reconcile actually never reconciles. This started happening after the last Quicken for Mac update. Currently using:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @mbates311,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, is the Online Balance not showing the correct amount, or is the Reconcile using the last Statement Balance when you want it to be using the Online Balance?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Wizard26
    Wizard26 Member
    Options

I have the same problem. The only way I can get the online balance to update is to disconnect and reconnect the accounts.

• mbates311
    mbates311 Member ✭✭
    Options

the reconcile is using the last statement balance. And when you select online balance in the register, the online balance is actually showing the last statement balance.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Are your Navy Federal Credit Union accounts downloading transactions and just showing an incorrect online balance, or are they not updating at all? Are you getting any error messages when you try to update? When did this issue first start?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• mbates311
    mbates311 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Yes, they are downloading my transactions. The transactions which are cleared are reconciling (showing cleared and matched). However, because my Online Balance is now incorrectly indicating my Last Statement balance instead of the actual Online Balance, my balances do not reconcile. As I indicated in the original thread of this issue, This started occurring after the last Quicken for Mac update. I have automatic updates turned on and I am on Quicken every day, so whenever this version was released, is when it was updated on my Macbook.

• mbates311
    mbates311 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Wizard26, Thanks. I tried that as well but it did not correct my issue.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To help narrow down if this is something coming over incorrectly from the financial institution, or something possibly file specific in Quicken, I recommend creating a test file. First, please make a backup of your Quicken file. Then go to File>New.

This will bring up a "Lets get started" screen. Select "Start from scratch" and click the Next button.

Name the file "Test File" (or something similar; its just so that you know the file is a test and not your main file), then click the Next button.

A completely blank file with a prompt to add an account will come up. Try adding your Navy Federal Credit Union account, and once it is added, check to see if the issue with the Online Balance reflecting the last statement balance is persisting in the test file.

Once you are done in the test file, you can return to your main file by going to File>Open Recent, and selecting your file (usually in the #2 spot).

Please let me know if the issue persists in the test file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.